Holiday treats

Today I stayed home, the kids had friends over and we made our favorite holiday treats.  Christmas would not be the same with out our green holiday wreaths-they were always one of my favorite things my Aunt Kandy would bring on Christmas day. Now it's a tradition in my family, Jake and Jenna would not let me forget those. Also a tradition is home made toffee-I was exposed to George's Grandma's toffee recipe when we were dating. Now we make at least a couple of batches every year. A new treat this year is White Trash-the kids love it (my co-worker brought it to work last year and I liked it-so thought I would make it this year). Not sure if I will make that every year-I guess we will have to wait and see. For  now we will just eat!

Comments

Kelly said…
so jealous of the baking and traditions. my guys could probably care less. however, hope to be baking in a day or two with some nephews who still care.
We've already made 2 batches of the Green Holly Cookies. They are my absolute favorite, too. Glad we are both carrying on that tradition! :)

I've never heard of white trash. Sounds interesting. :0)

Popular posts from this blog

Crabs, Seattle and glass

Weekend Trip to Stehekin